Monday, June 29, 2015

Orange-Scented Nutella Cannoli recipe

If you live in the US and you've had Nutella countless times, chances are you've been eating the North American-made one (made in Canada or Mexico). I admit, that's what I've been eating spoonfuls of until recently. I decided I wanted to try the real deal. I found a Poland-made Nutella at a grocery store but I wanted the original so I searched and searched online before I finally chose who to order it from. When the jar came in I still had a little bit of American Nutella left so I taste-tested them and oh my goodness! I threw out the American Nutella in a blink of an eye. I'm not gonna list all the differences because there are so many blogs that have already done so and I would just be listing the same things. But you must try Italian Nutella!

I created this recipe specifically using Italian Nutella. If you choose to use American Nutella, you may have to add salt to offset the sweetness. I would recommend sea salt or kosher salt. If you're feeling adventurous, try fleur de sel or Himalayan salt. This recipe fills all 12 mini cannoli shells, plus a spoonful leftover for your licking pleasure or spread it on a toast/bread.

Orange-Scented Nutella Cannoli
ingredients:
• 12 mini cannoli shells, store-bought
• ½ cup Nutella, Italian-made
• ¼ cup mascarpone, softened
• ¼ cup white chocolate chips + more for garnish
• 1 orange, zested
• powdered sugar for garnish
instructions:
1)  Add Nutella and mascarpone in a bowl; whisk until well combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and orange zest. Scoop the filling into a zip top bag, seal the bag, and cut off one corner tip.
◘ tip: The hole should be fairly small -- big enough to let chocolate chips pass through but not so small that chips clog the hole.
2)  Pipe filling into cannoli shells. Garnish the edges with white chocolate chips. Dust with powdered sugar over the top.
3)  Serve and enjoy!
◘ tip: For firmer filling, refrigerate the cannoli for 2 hours max after piping in the filling, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.

DSC07335 DSC07336DSC07337 DSC07353DSC07354 DSC07355

No comments:

Post a Comment