Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Lemony Garlic and Herb Shrimp recipe

I've been extremely busy this month, and on top of that I ended up with sunburn! When all the events for September were over and done with, we drove down to downtown Chicago to have a family day. We parked at Navy Pier, walked all the way to Skydeck, and walked back to Navy Pier for sightseeing before heading back home. It was a really nice day, so nice that you need some sunscreen if you're gonna be out in the sun for a long time! I already knew I have sensitivity to sunscreen; I get rashes wherever it was applied! But it was either deal with rashes for a couple of weeks or skin cancer! So I let out a huge sigh and sprayed sunscreen on my arms but some of the mist got on the right side of my neck and a little on my forehead. Sure enough, the next day, wherever sunscreen touched my skin became red and started to itch just a bit. Just fantastic, we still had an event to go to that night! The following day, it was full on rashes with itch to torture my poor self! And I still got a little bit of sunburn on my left shoulder! Anyways, I'm just ranting. I'm glad I'm better now. Now let's cook us some shrimp!

Lemony Garlic and Herb Shrimp
ingredients:
• 1½ lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined (16-20 or 21-30 ct/lb)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• ½ tsp ground white paper
• 1 stick unsalted butter, divided use & half of it cubed
• 1 shallot, diced
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ tsp crushed red pepper
• ¼ cup white wine (chardonnay: medium-dry to dry)
• 1 lemon, zest & juiced (¼ cup)
• 2 tbsp chives, chopped
• 1 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• ½ tsp thyme leaves
• freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese for serving
instructions:
1)  Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add shrimp and season with salt and white pepper. Toss shrimp around just until they start to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
2)  In the same pan still over medium heat, add half stick of butter, shallot, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the butter is completely melted, about 3 minutes. Stir often to prevent garlic from burning.
3)  Pour in white wine, let bubble up for 30 seconds, then add lemon juice and zest. Let the sauce reduce until it thickens slightly, about 4-5 minutes.
4)  Turn the heat down to low. Add the shrimp back into the pan along with any juices accumulated on the plate, chives, parsley, thyme, and cubed butter. Toss everything around until the butter is melted, about 1 minute.
5)  Serve with grated Pecorino Romano, if desired. Serve as an appetizer, or main entree with rice or pasta.

DSC08199 DSC08200DSC08201 DSC08202DSC08203 DSC08205DSC08188 DSC08207

No comments:

Post a Comment