Friday, June 23, 2017

Garlic French Bread recipe

We used to go to different SM malls when I was a child and I remember my older sister buying garlic french bread whenever she spotted someone selling it. My sister visited me back in March and I made her my version of her beloved garlic bread. When I heard her say "masarap toh" (this is delicious in Tagalog), my heart melted just a bit. Serve this with my Italian Shrimp recipe and use the bread to mop up the sauce, which is how my husband likes it.
Garlic French Bread
ingredients:
• 1 loaf French bread
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
• 3 garlic cloves, grated
• 1 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated + more for sprinkling


instructions:
1)  Line a broiler-safe pan with foil. In a bowl, mix to combine butter, garlic, parsley, and 1 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano; set aside. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2)  Slice the bread in half lengthwise, then cut to about 2-inch slices. Spread the butter mixture on all cut sides, leaving the crusty part of the bread clean.
3)  Arrange bread on the broiler pan making sure they are not touching each other. Bake for 10 minutes.
4)  Remove the pan from the oven and switch the setting to 'Broil'.
5)  While broiler is getting up to temperature, sprinkle the bread with more Parmigiano-Reggiano. Broil for 45 seconds to 2 minutes or until golden and a little toasted.
note: Watch the bread carefully as it can go from golden to burnt quite quickly.
6)  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment